Creating different folders for different projects or sections on your Mac computer makes it accessible for you to order your multiple papers, pictures, and other files and keep your Mac desktop clean.
But before you can utilize folders to make them accessible to your Mac, you need to know how to create folders on Mac and how to move files into or out of them.
If you need to clean your Mac desktop, where various files are submissive and accessible, then you are moving to make it simple using folders. In this article, you can discover how to create folders on Mac in seconds, using either of 3 simple methods as follows:
How to Create Folders on Mac?
Method 1: Create a New Folder From The Desktop
- Step 1: Go to the desktop of your Mac and right-click an open area to generate a Menu. You can also access right-click by two-finger held close together clicking on a supported trackpad.
- Step 2: Select the New Folder button on a Menu to create a new folder on your desktop.
- Step 3: Rename your folder. but remember that you cannot put any of the following characters on your folder name: (\ / ?: ” >|) as doing that violates Apple’s Terms and Conditions regarding renaming files or folders name.
Method 2: Create New Folders Without Right-Click
- Step 1: Click the “File” menu at the top of the screen right next to Finder.
- Step 2: Click on the New Folder.
- Step 3: Rename your folder. Consider the fact mentioned above on Method 1/Step 3.
OR, Simply Press the “Shift,” “Command” and “N” keys together. That creates a new folder named “Untitled Folder.”
Method 3: Create a New Folder using a Finder window
- Step 1: Open a Finder.
- Step 2: Click on Documents on the menu bar.
- Step 3: Right-click on an open space in the Finder window.
- Step 4: Click on the New Folder.
- Step 5: Rename your folder name.
Earlier, after getting how to create folders on mac, will get firstly named as an “Untitled Folder.” To edit its name, either you can concurrently double click on its name, or you can right-click on the folder and then select “Rename” to edit the folder’s name.
To move files(documents, photos, and other folders) into the folder, drag them over the folder. Note: you can use these similar techniques to create a new folder within the folder and within that folder.
If you ever want to delete a folder, you can either drag it instantly to your Computer’s Trash or right-click on the folder and click on Move to Trash from the Menu. We believe that you get an idea more than how to create folders on mac.
Also do follow: