The Signal app is at the lead of Some of the Best WhatsApp alternatives, primarily since Elon Musk wrote for it in a recent tweet.
Now, if you’re one of those who are thinking about switching to Signal, you might want to grasp your WhatsApp groups to the new messenger app i.e. Signal. To make the switch easier for users, Signal has attached a mechanism that enables you to shift WhatsApp groups to Signal.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp Groups to Signal without any much effort.
Note: This method will not pass your group chat conversations to Signal as there is no way prepared for it furthermore.
Steps on How To Transfer WhatsApp Groups To Signal:
- Step 1: Download and Install the Signal app and create your account on it.
- Step 2: Click on the three dots icon (menu icon) on the top-right corner of the screen and choose the add “New Group” option there.
- Step 3: Now first add at least one contact to this group from the members of the WhatsApp group you want to transfer to the Signal app.
- Step 4: Insert the desired name of the group; you can retain the same name as your WhatsApp group to exclude any confusion for the group members.
- Step 5: Now, Click on the group name and go to Settings> Group link, turn the toggle on and you’ll see a share option.
- Step 6: Click on the share option and copy the link from there.
- Step 7: Paste the link in the WhatsApp group you need to transfer to the Signal app so that anyone who taps on this link can join the group on Signal.
You can also paste this link into other apps too to invite friends to the group. Signal suggests you the choice to turn off the shareable link in case you don’t want anyone else to join the group once you add all the members of the group.
Unfortunately now, there is no other option possible yet to move WhatsApp group chat conversations to Signal but we’re expecting that we will see a similar option for the same soon.
We believe that you get an idea more than “How To Transfer WhatsApp Groups To Signal?“. If you have any confusion on the following topics, please feel free to ask us in the comment down below.
Also do follow: