Generally, downloading and installing Google Play Store is not practiced as Google Play Store gets considered as the platform for other software for getting downloaded and installed on your devices.
The basic functioning of Google Play Store never varies, so remaining stuck on an earlier version isn’t all that critical. But sometimes, it might become necessary to install Google Play Store manually if you have accidentally uninstalled it or if your Google Play Store is not working and you want a fresh install.
So if you are looking for an updated Google Play Store on your device, here’s how to download and install the Google Play Store!
Step by Step Process to answer, “How to download and install the Google Play Store!”
1. Check your device’s current Google Play Store version.
The first thing you need to do is see which version you are on to assure you’re downloading the latest version of Google Play Store. Doing that is necessary because you might install an older version of Google Play Store or a version that is not compatible with your phone. Here is how to do it:
- Click on the Google Play Store app to open it on your android device.
- Tap on Menu( 3-horizontal lines icon) and open the settings (gear icon) located between Play Protect and Open Movie Apps.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and you will find there, the Play Store version at the second last position.
2. Download Google Play Store via an APKMirror.
You can download Google Play Store APK from APKMirror, probably the best website for trusted Google Play Store APKs for now. Here is a short tutorial for doing that:
- Go to the link by clicking here.
- Seek for the version of the Play Store you want, and if you want a newer version, reference your current version and see if it is available or not.
- Download the app by obeying the website’s instructions.
3. Deal with security permissions
For older Android versions that are before Oreo, you have to go to your settings menu and allow installing from unknown sources, then open the above link. You’ll get implied whether you let the download and installation. Because APKMirror is a safe source, it’s ok to respond Yes.
For the latest Android versions that are after Oreo, It’s a little complex. But the trade-off is more immeasurable security because the only app that can install third-party APKs is the one you just allowed to as denied to the system-wide setting in previous versions of Android.
Here’s the step by step process to do that:
- Initiate the installation of the Google Play Store.
- The system will notify you that the app doesn’t have permission to install APKs. Then click the available Settings button timely.
- To the next menu, select the box that permits that APKs getting installed.
- Hit the back button to get back to your installation process.
4. Use a file manager and install the Google Play Store
Now, it’s time to install this thing using a file manager.
- Open a file manager on your phone. You will find Google Play Store APK in your Recent files Section or Apps Section.
- Once you find the APK, click on it. There may be a Chatbox that appears depending on the apps you are installing on your device and asks you which app you want to use. In this case, Tap on Package Installer.
- On the next screen, read over any permission adjustments and then click install, and the latest Google Play Store will get installed on your device.
But, there is still one more step!
5. Disable Unknown Sources
Leaving the Unknown Sources box enabled is one of the significant security loopholes that might prompt dangerous problems in the upcoming future. The best way to keep yourself safe is to return to that “Settings” and disable it.
We believe that you get more than just an answer to the question, “How to download and install the Google Play Store!” If you have any confusion on the following topics, please feel free to ask us in the comment down below.
You can also do read:
How to download and install the Google Play Store!How to download and install the Google Play Store!How to download and install the Google Play Store!How to download and install the Google Play Store!How to download and install the Google Play Store!